INFORMATION REGARDING ALLOGRAFTS & PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY
The patient facing ligament reconstruction for their injury may choose to have surgery using bone and/or soft tissue transplant called an allograft. An allograft is bone or soft tissue that is transplanted from one person to another. Transplanted bone, tendons, cartilage and skin are used extensively in orthopaedics, neurosurgery, as well as plastic, general and dental surgeries. In this country, an estimated 900,000 allografts are transplanted each year.
WHO IS MTF™?
The Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation™ is a non-profit organization founded in 1987 and is the largest provider of bone and soft tissue grafts in the United States and one of the largest providers of trafts in the world. Founded by surgeons and medical teaching institutions, MTF™ is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of surgeons and patients for allografts that meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
- MTF™'s philosophy is that non-profit control of recovery and distribution are at the heart of ensuring ethical stewardship of the donated gift.
- MTF™ does not work with any for-profit tissue recovery agencies.
- MTF™ is guided in all aspects of their mission by a Board of Directors and Medical Board of Trustees, not shareholders.
- MTF™'s donor safety criteria has never been surpassed by any other tissue bank.
- MTF™ rejects more donors every year than any other tissue bank as the tissues of these donors unfortunately fail to meet their strict acceptance policy. MTF™ never accepts donors deferred by other tissue banks or direct referrals from funeral homes.
- MTF™ leads the industry in donor selection criteria with standards that exceed those set by the American Association (AATB) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- MTF™ employs the latest technologies such as Nucleic Acit Testing and conducts serological tests on all donors.
- MTF™ employs an Audit Team whose sole purpose is to audit, on a routine basis, the tissue recovery organizations that MTF™ partners with to ensure compliance with their strict standards and protocols.
Donors are people who have died in accidents or from sudden illness such as heart attack or stroke. Often the gift of bone and soft tissues from a single donor can help multiple recipients.
|MTF™ Achilles Tendon Allograft||MTF™ Quadriceps Tendon Allograft||MTF™ Semitendinosus Allograft|
THE SAFETY OF MTF™ ALLOGRAFTS
Since the inception of MTF™ in 1987, with overt 3 million grafts distributted, MTF™ maintains an exemplary, unrivaled safety record. MTF™ has never had a confirmed case of viral transmission for infection from any allograft.
MTF™ MISSION STATEMENT
MTF™ is a non-profit service organization dedicated to providing quality tissue through a commitment to excellence in education, research, recovery and care for recipients, donors and their families.
CASCADE® AUTOLOGOUS PLATELET SYSTEM & PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY
The Cascade® system is also available in separate forms for producing a Cascade® Platelet-Rich Fibrin Membrane with improved biomechanical properties and the Cascade® Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy for the treatment of various tendonitis and tendinosis indications. Only MTF has a completed offering of platelet-rich plasma therapies.
|MTF™ Cascade Fibrin Clots||MTF™ PRP Vial||MTF™ Cascade Drucker Unit|